Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am considering the raw food diet for my 5 year old Lab. I need tips and recipes.?

Does anyone know a good way to transition into this? I also am a bit worried about serving him raw chicken due to salmonella. Can dogs get it? Any recipes that you suggest would be great too. Thank you in advance.



Answer on I am considering the raw food diet for my 5 year old Lab. I need tips and recipes.?



The recipe (*not to be followed daily though it can be, the goal is to balance over 1 - 2 weeks) is really just 80% meat (half red meat is nutritionally a good goal), 10% bone (covered by meat), 5% liver, and 5% other organs (any mix)



Salmonella probably has a better chance being found in your cereal, tomatoes or kibble than causing harm in your dog from eating raw chicken!



Definately join yahoo groups "rawfeeding" and "RawChat" for much more help and discussion.



Here is a site with a simple menu plan if you'd like an example:

http://www. rawessentials. co. nz/content/p…



And here's a kind of fun recipe site;)

http://www. rawfeddogs. net/Recipe/List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.